In case you haven’t got a notification to update your Samsung Galaxy S5 (Snapdragon) to the latest Android 5.0 Lollipop, you can manually update your phone and run the latest and the greatest version of the OS on your device.
The Android 5.0 Lollipop comes with a bunch of new features and I’m sure you’ll love it more than your current version. If you’re ready, here’s how you can go about updating your device:
Files You Need
1. Download Stock Android 5.0 ROM for your device to your computer.
2. Download the Odin flashing tool that will help you flash the ROM on your device.
3. You should only try this on a SM-G900F device.
Updating the Samsung Galaxy S5 (Snapdragon) to Android 5.0
1. First off, uncompress the actual ROM files from the Stock ROM archive and extract the Odin archive as well. To do that, right-click on both the archives one by one and select Extract here.
2. Launch the Odin tool on your computer by double-clicking on its setup file.
3. When Odin launches, the first thing you need to do is uncheck the Repartition box as it can cause issues when you flash the firmware on your device.
4. Checkmark the two boxes that say Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time as they’re really harmless.
5. Click on the PDA button and navigate to the folder where you extracted the stock ROM file and select it.
6. Turn off your phone.
7. Turn your phone back on by holding down Volume DOWN+Home+Power buttons at the same time.
8. Your phone should reboot into download mode.
9. Use a USB cable to connect your phone to your computer.
10. An added message should appear in Odin indicating your phone’s been recognized by your computer.
11. Click on Start and wait for it to finish flashing the firmware on your device.
12. When it’s done, your phone will automatically restart.
13. You’re done!
And there you go.
Your Samsung Galaxy S5 (Snapdragon) is now running the latest Android 5.0 Lollipop operating system. The said OS brings with it a lot of new features and it’ll take some good time for you to explore these new features. Enjoy!