Did the developer ROM not work as good as you thought it would on your Xiaomi Redmi 2? No worries, you can always revert back to the stock ROM and get everything back to what it was when you bought the device off the store. It should also resolve any software related issues that you might be facing on your device.
Here’s how you can unroot and get your Xiaomi Redmi 2 back to stock:
Files You Need
1. This should flash the stable stock ROM on your Xiaomi Redmi 2.
2. Download the Stock ROM for your Xiaomi Redmi 2 to your computer. It’s the entire operating system for your device.
Unrooting the Xiaomi Redmi 2
1. Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
2. Copy Stock ROM from your computer over to the downloaded_rom folder on your internal storage.
3. When the ROM is copied, unplug your phone from your computer.
4. Launch the Updater app from your app drawer.
5. Press the Menu button and select Choose update package.
6. Choose the stock ROM that you copied earlier to your phone.
7. Wait for it to install the selected ROM on your phone.
8. When the ROM is installed, reboot your phone.
9. You’re done.
Your Xiaomi Redmi 2 is now running the official firmware and is unrooted.