A custom recovery is a must for the ZTE Nubia Z9 Max to be rooted, and fortunately, we do have one available for the phone. TWRP has already made it to this ZTE phone that lets you replace your stock recovery with a custom one and do more tasks than you could ever do with a stock recovery.
One of these tasks is to flash SuperSU using the custom recovery on the phone in order to achieve access to the root. And when you’re done with that, you will have some magical powers to customize your phone way beyond the normal limit.
So, for you folks, here’s our guide on how you can go about rooting the ZTE Nubia Z9 Max:
Files You Need
- You must have a custom recovery installed on your phone before doing this tutorial. If you don’t, follow our how to install a custom recovery on the ZTE Nubia Z9 Max tutorial to flash one on your phone.
- This flashes SuperSU in order to achieve root access on your phone.
- Download SuperSU to your computer. It contains both SU binaries and SuperSU app. Do not extract it, leave it as is.
Rooting the ZTE Nubia Z9 Max
- Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable. Make sure your phone is in data transfer mode so that it can receive files from your computer.
- Copy SuperSU .zip from your computer over to the internal SD card storage on your phone. Place it on the top so you can find it easily at a later time.
- When SuperSU is copied, disconnect your phone from your computer.
- Turn off your phone completely.
- Turn your phone back on in recovery mode. You can do that by holding down Volume UP and Power buttons at the same time while your phone is turned off.
- You should now boot up into the TWRP Recovery mode.
- Tap Install in the recovery menu.
- Select SuperSU .zip to be installed on your phone.
- Confirm the install prompt by tapping on Swipe to Confirm Flash.
- Wait for TWRP Recovery to flash SuperSU on your phone. It should not take too long to do that.
- When TWRP’s done flashing SuperSU, reboot your phone by selecting Reboot followed by System from the recovery menu.
- Your phone should reboot.
- You should now be fully rooted!
Kudos! Your ZTE Nubia Z9 Max has been successfully rooted and you can confirm the root access on your phone using the Root Checker application. The app should say you have proper access to the root.
While a custom recovery was already running on your phone, you now access to the root that allows you to do more on your phone than ever. Flashing a custom ROM, flashing a custom kernel, wiping off the phone data are just some of the things you can do with a custom recovery along with root-access.
Now that you may probably be looking to do the aforesaid tasks, make sure you have taken a backup of your phone before you do any of those tasks. A backup should help you revert back to the stock when things did not go well for you, maybe you flashed a corrupted ROM and it messed-up everything on your phone. The custom recovery should help you fully backup your phone so that you are always in the safe side.
You might also be interested in:
- How To Root The OnePlus X
- How To Root The LG G Pro 2
- How To Install A Custom Recovery On The LG G Pro 2
- How To Install A Custom Recovery On The Huawei Honor 3C
- How To Root The Huawei Honor 3C
Have something to say? You can contribute to this tech article by leaving a comment below.