These are the steps to root the Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus. Once you root the Tab Plus device, you can start installing your new apps from trusted sources around the web. You’ll find most of those apps like the Greenify app are available from the same Google Play App Store. Basically anything that says “root required” in the description will be one of the application you wouldn’t install on your device before completing this guide.
Files You Need
- Download the rooting zip file for the Tab Plus from the XDA Developers thread (link is in the first post).
- Download the latest version of Samsung Kies.
- You are agreeing to void the Samsung warranty when you root the Tab Plus using this guide. You can flash the Samsung stock ROM back on the device and get the warranty working. Just make sure you flash the right stock ROM that is meant for your device. You’ll find the stock ROM for the tab Plus available from Sam Mobile and other sources online.
- These steps to root the Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus are made for the P6200, P6210 and SGH-T869 variants of the device only. You can also follow this guide on the Galaxy Tab 7.7 P800.
Rooting the Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus
- Download the rooting zip file from above and store it on the external storage SD card.
- Turn off the Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus device.
- Reboot it by holding the Power and Volume Up button to get the Tab Plus in recovery mode.
- Once the Tab Plus turns on, let go of the Power button and just keep holding the Volume Up button.
- From the recovery mode menu, choose the “apply update from external SD card” option from the menu.
- Browse your SD card for the root zip (it should be zipped still) and agree to install the same.
- Choose the “reboot system” option from the main recovery menu and your Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus will reboot.
You should now find the Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus is rooted and ready to flash a custom recovery. The custom recovery will complete your customizing of the device, so you can install new custom ROMs and take complete backups without having to use the adb commands from a computer.