You can now root the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9195L running on the Android 4.4.2 KitKat software update using the CF-Auto-Root tool by Chainfire.
Users who manage to root the device successfully can then go on to install custom ROMs and custom kernels with the help from a custom recovery. Additionally, you can install any of the root-requiring apps from the Google Play Store like the Titanium Backup application.
Files You Need
- Download the new CF-Auto-Root file that is made for the GT-I9195L on 4.4.2 from this page.
- Download the Odin flashing tool for the GT-I9195L from this page.
- Download the universal ADB Driver by Koush from this page.
- The following guide to root the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini with the model number GT-I9195L is based on Android 4.4.2 with the KOT49H.I9195LUBUCNH4 firmware. You do not need to be running that same KOT49H.I9195LUBUCNH4 on your device before you start the guide. You are to use it as an indicator only. We know that some of the Samsung devices do not boot old images.
Rooting the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9195L running Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- Unlock the hidden Developer Options menu on your Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9195L by tapping on the Menu > Settings > ABout Device > Build Number 7 times.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode from the Settings on your GT-I9195L device by tapping on the Menu > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode.
- Extract the rooting exploit and the Odin flashing tool on the desktop of the computer.
- Open the default download location (usually a folder called “Downloads”) and drag the files over to the desktop.
- Now right-click over the files and then choose “extract here”.
- Double-click the Odin executable file that is on the desktop and it should run the flashing tool; leave it open on your computer screen.
- Turn off the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9195L device and reboot it in download mode by pressing the Power + Home + Volume Down buttons.
- Connect the S4 Mini GT-I9195L smartphone to the computer with the USB cable.
- Look for the ID: COM port available from the Odin flashing tool’s user-interface to light up a green color; this shows that your universal ADB Driver is working.
- Do not change any of the default settings from the Odin flashing tool’s options.
- Click the AP or PDA button you get from the Odin user-interface and upload your CF-Auto-Root-serranolte-serranolteub-gti9195l.tar.md5 file.
- Click the Start button and the Odin flashing tool will now flash that Cf-Auto-Root file on your S4 Mini.
- Wait until you see the text “restoring stock recovery, cleaning up and rebooting in 10 seconds” on your Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini’s display.
- The S4 Mini will now reboot by itself in recovery mode and then your device is rooted. Anyone who does not get it rebooted in recovery mode needs to make it happen manually by pressing the buttons. With the S4 Mini completely off, hold the Power + Home + Volume Up buttons and it will boot in the recovery mode.
You can open the Google Play Store application directly from your Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini and check it worked by installing the root checker app.