When you root the Samsung Galaxy J5 smartphone, you can install every app that’s available from the Google Play Store. many of those apps are locked until you root your device. One of the best rooted apps this year is the SCR Screen Recorder. It’s a great app if you want to record something that’s on your screen like a chat with your girlfriend.
These steps will work if you update the Samsung Galaxy J5 device with model number J500FDS to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop.
The Files You Need
- Download the J5 rooting file from this page.
- Download the Samsung USB Drivers from this page and install them on your computer.
- Download the latest Odin flashing tool from this page.
- Note that you void the Samsung Galaxy J5 warranty by following this guide. You can unroot the J5 and get the warranty working again but only if your device doesn’t have Samsung’s Knox security.
- You can follow this guide if you have a Windows operating system. It does not work with Ubuntu or Mac OS X.
Rooting the Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J500FDS on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
- Download the rooting package to the desktop of your computer.
- Download Odin and shift it over to your desktop too.
- Right-click over the two files and choose the option to “extract here” so you can use those files.
- Double-click the Odin file after extraction and the Odin app will run on your computer.
- Reboot the Samsung Galaxy J5 to download mode” Press the Power button and then press the Volume Down + Home all at the same time. It only works if your device is off.
- Connect the Galaxy J5 to the computer after it’s in the download mode.
- The ID: COM port should light up a color if the Samsung USB drivers are working.
- Click the AP or the PDA button and upload the rooting file from your desktop.
- Click the Start button and the Odin flashing tool will now flash that on your device.
- Soon you will see a pass message from the Odin message box t let you know your Samsung Galaxy J5 device does now have root access.
- If the Auto reboot box is checked in the Odin user-interface, the device should also reboot. If not, you need to reboot it manually.
- Now once your J5 device reboots, you are ready to start installing rooted apps from the Google Play Store and other third-party sources. Some apps have a website and you can download the APK from their website. Just be careful where you download the apps from if it’s not an official website of the app or the Google Play Store. Some file website can contain malware.
- Download the SCR Screen recorder app or donate to the original developer on the same page.