Samsung’s Galaxy Grand Duos is a good mid-range phone coming up on a price of nearly of $300. It has decent features or specs. But it comes with many bloatware including ChatOn, Flipboard, Group Play etc.
So here’s your chance to unlock your device true potential and power. Geeks, you read it right, you’re going to root your Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082. The steps are minimal and easy. By using this method, no data loss is ensured.
1. First of all, download these files:
( Note: For CWM refer to this XDA Thread)
2. Shutdown your device and boot in ‘Download’ mode. This mode can be achieved by VOLUME UP + HOME + POWER. Then press VOLUME UP to proceed.
3. Then open Odin on your Computer and click PDA.
4 Find the file you extracted from the CWM touch zip and open it.
5. Ensure that only ‘Auto Reboot’ and ‘F.Reset Time’ is checked.
6. Hop on start once complete. Odin must say ‘PASS’, now your phone will reboot.
7. Copy the Supersu.zip file and paste into your external SD Card.
8. Shutdown your phone and boot with ‘Recovery mode’. ‘Recovery Mode’ can be attained by VOLUME UP + HOME + POWER.
9. Then, choose install zip from SD card -> Choose zip from SD card.
10. Find the Supersu.zip file and select install.
11. Yeah! CWM will install the zip.
(Note that to reset/revert the flash counter back to original. Download Triangle App offered by Chainfire)
Were you able to root your device? Did you faced any obstacles in the whole walk-through? And, remember “sharing a tech chomps post a day keeps IT professionals away.” So geeks, do share this article with your acquaintances and colleagues.
You can also head to our root checker page here and download the application from Google Play to verify this worked.