If you’re here to root your LG G Stylo from Boost Mobile, you’re probably a little bored with what you already have on your phone. I know there comes a time when you just get bored with the default system of your phone. At such times, rooting your phone is the best way to kill the boredom that you are having.
Root lets you explore plethora of apps that only run on rooted phones. While these apps may look like the other normal apps, they have some extra abilities that let you do more on your phone. They allow you to change the look and feel of your phone, flash a custom recovery, and so on.
So, here’s how you can go about rooting your LG G Stylo (Boost Mobile) to then run root-requiring apps on it:
Files You Need
- You must have a computer that runs Windows in order to do this tutorial.
- Ensure that LG USB drivers are installed on your Windows computer. If they aren’t, install them first.
- Download LG One Click Root to your computer. It is the root tool that will help you root your LG G Stylo from Boost Mobile.
- You should only try this on the Boost Mobile variant of the device.
Rooting the LG G Stylo (Boost Mobile)
- Extract files from LG One Click Root to your computer by right-clicking on it and selecting Extract here.
- Open Menu on your phone and head to Settings followed by About phone. Tap on Build number for 7-8 times until it says you’re a developer. It’ll unlock the developer options menu for you.
- Head to Menu->Settings->Developer options and turn on USB debugging.
- Plug in your phone to your computer via a USB cable.
- Double-click on LG One Click Root .bat file that you extracted from the archive to your computer.
- Follow the on-screen instructions for rooting your LG G Stylo.
- When the tool’s done rooting your phone, reboot your phone.
- You’re done!
Your LG G Style from Boost Mobile is now rooted. If you’re concerned about the root access, you can download and install Root Checker on your phone and let it verify the proper root access on your phone.