Are you running out of ideas as to how you can make your experience with your Jiayu S3 more exciting? Well, flashing a custom ROM might help you. A custom ROM brings with it a brand new and unique system as well as user interface that will keep you excited for a long time.
In order to flash a ROM on your phone, you need a tool called a custom recovery. What a custom recovery does is let you reboot your phone into the recovery mode from where you can then flash a custom ROM on your phone. Not only does a custom recovery help you flash ROMs, but it helps you fully backup your system, erase data, and do many other things.
The guide below teaches how you can install a custom recovery on the Jiayu S3:
Files You Need
- Your phone must be rooted before you can flash a custom recovery on it. Please head to our how to root the Jiayu S3 tutorial to learn how you can root your phone. Once that is done, come back here and continue.
- This should flash TWRP Recovery on your phone.
- Download TWRP Recovery to your computer.
- Download Mobile Uncle app to your computer. It’s the app that’ll help you flash a custom recovery on your phone.
Installing a Custom Recovery on the Jiayu S3
- Connect your phone to your computer via a USB cable. Make sure that your phone is in data transfer mode.
- Copy TWRP Recovery and Mobile Uncle app from your computer over to the internal SD card storage on your phone.
- When the files are copied, disconnect your phone from your computer.
- Head to Menu->Settings->Security on your phone and turn on Unknown sources. What it’ll do is let you install apps from outside the Google Play store on your phone.
- Launch File Manager and tap on Mobile Uncle APK to install the app on your phone.
- When the app’s installed, launch it from your app drawer.
- Tap on Recovery update in the app.
- Select TWRP Recovery to be installed on your phone.
- Confirm all the prompts that appear on your screen.
- Wait for it to flash TWRP on your phone.
- When it’s done flashing the recovery, reboot your phone.
- You’re all set!
TWRP Recovery was successfully installed on your Jiayu S3 and you can reboot into this newly installed custom recovery using an app like Quick Reboot.