Karbonn is one of those Android smartphone manufacturers that are known for building really inexpensive phones that don’t damage the pockets of tech junkies. If you have purchased their Karbonn A2+ and are looking for a way to root it, you’ve come to the right place. In the guide below, you’ll learn how you can gain root-access on your device and get the most out of it.
You can check out the guide on how to get the A2+ steps done after the jump. So, here you go:
Files You Need
1. Download Framaroot APK from the XDA Forums to your computer. It’s the app that will help you gain root-access on your device.
Rooting the Karbonn A2+
1. Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
2. Copy Framaroot APK from your computer over to the SD card storage on your phone.
3. When the file is copied, unplug your phone from your computer.
4. On your phone, head to Menu->Settings->Security and tick-mark the option that says Unknown sources. Enabling this option allows you to install apps from outside the Google Play store.
5. Launch File Manager on your device and tap on Framaroot and wait for it to install on your device.
6. When the app is installed, launch it from your menu.
7. You should see a couple of rooting options in the app. The one that you’re supposed to tap on is Barahir.
8. Wait for it to root your device.
9. When you see a success message on your screen, close the app and reboot your device.
10. You’re now rooted!
Your Karbonn A2+ is now rooted and you can confirm it by looking for the SuperSU app in your app drawer. You can also use the Root Checker app to verify root permissions.