When you buy the Huawei U8100 from the store, it comes with restrictions that are put in place to stop you from using the operating system to its fullest extent. For those of you familiar with the Windows operating system, it would be the equivalent of not having your device running as an administrator. Sounds fine to those who don’t know any better, but awful for those that do know. You wouldn’t want to buy a computer that you can only use an account on and not run as an administrator would you?
The Files You Need
- Download the Modaco rooting file you need from this page.
- Applying these steps to root the Huawei U8100 will void your manufacturer’s warranty. You should have no worries unrooting the device again and getting the warranty working again.
- You are connecting to a computer during the guide. You want that to be a Windows computer.
- Furthermore, you need to have the USB Debugging Mode enabled on the Huawei phone before starting so you can connect to the computer. You can point to the Menu > Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging.
Rooting The Huawei U8100
- Download the rooting file from the files section above and shift it to the desktop.
- Right-click over the file and select the ‘extract here’ option.
- You should see the superboot-windows.bat file pop out onto the desktop. Now you can use that file.
- Connect the Huawei U8100 to the computer using the USB cable.
- Double-click the superboot-windows.bat and run the tool.
- Follow the rest of the instructions that are now on the display to complete the job.
- Once your device is done, make sure you reboot it up again.
Now you can install the root checker app from the Google Play Store. The root checker will do as it suggests and check your device for the root access. It’s a free app for your Huawei phone, so you don’t need to pay anything.
Now you are free to install any of those apps available from the Google Play Store that required root access to work. One of those you might want to check out first is the free mobile WiFi hotspot up for grabs.