Having root access on the Huawei Ascend M860 comes with great responsibility. It means that you will have full control over the Ascend smartphone root file system. That same root file system stores your critical system files and if you were to delete any, it could brick your device. As serious as that sounds, you can always backup your device using the internal SD card. Those of you looking to save some more space on the internal memory can connect an external SD card and backup using Titanium backup to that external drive. Not all devices come with an external SD card, though. No matter what device you have, you should always backup the data. If you have done that, there no is no problem you cannot fix since you are also saving those critical system files.
The Files You Need
- Download the Z4Root APK file from this forum page here.
- These are the steps to root the Huawei Ascend M860 phone. Make sure you have the USB Debugging Mode already enabled before starting. Do that by pointing to the Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode.
- Those of you without any Developer Options available from the Settings must unlock it. You can do that pointing to the Settings > About Device and tapping over the build number until it says you are now a developer.
Rooting The Huawei Ascend M860
- Download the file from the link above in the files section to the desktop of your computer. It can be any computer; it doesn’t have to be a Windows PC this time.
- Do not extract or unzip the APK file. You are transferring it as is over to the SD card.
- Connect the Huawei Ascend M860 to the computer using the same USB cable you usually use for charging.
- Drag and drop the Z4Root APK file over to the internal storage SD card. You need to make sure that it is in the root of the SD card which means not hidden in any sub folder. If you hide it in a sub folder, you won’t find it visible later on when you go to use the file.
- Unplug from the Ascend M860 from the computer once you know the file is on the SD card.
- Use any File manager from the Google Play Store to install the Z4Root APK on your device.
- Tap over the app icon once it’s installed and in the app drawer.
- Click the Root button from inside the app and wait for it to finish granting the root permissions to your file system.
- Exit the Z4Root app and reboot the device manually just like you normally would reset the handset.
Now you have the root access to the root file system. You can check that it is work by installing the root checker app from the Google Play Store.