Once you’ve unlocked the bootloader on your Motorola Moto G (2015), you see a little warning saying unlocked bootloader on your phone’s screen. While it’s not annoying or anything for that matter, it’s actually a good idea to get rid of it so that others don’t see you’ve modified your device (in case you’re selling your phone to someone).
Well, you now have a fix that you can apply on your phone and remove the unlocked bootloader message. Here’s how you can do that:
Files You Need
- Your bootloader must be unlocked before you can do this tutorial. Please head here to learn how you can unlock the bootloader on your phone.
- You must have a custom recovery installed on your phone. If you don’t have one, flash one using the tutorial given here.
- Your phone must be rooted. You can follow our root guide to gain root-access on your phone.
- Download Fix Package to your computer. It’s the file that’ll help you remove the message on your phone.
Removing the Unlocked Bootloader Warning on the Motorola Moto G (2015)
- Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
- Copy Fix Package from your computer over to the internal SD card storage on your phone.
- When Fix Package is copied, disconnect your phone from your computer.
- Launch Google Play on your phone and search for and tap on Quick Reboot.
- Download and install the Quick Reboot app on your phone.
- When the app’s installed, launch it from your app drawer.
- Tap on Recovery in the app and it’ll reboot your phone into recovery mode.
- When in recovery mode, tap on Install.
- Select Fix Package .zip file to be installed on your phone.
- Tap on Swipe to Confirm Flash to confirm installation.
- Wait for it to install Fix Package on your phone.
- When it’s all done, reboot your phone by selecting Reboot followed by System in the recovery menu.
- You’re done!
You will no longer see the unlocked bootloader message on your Moto G (2015). It’s like you have never unlocked the bootloader on your phone before.
You might also be interested in:
- How to Unlock Bootloader on Motorola Moto G 2015 Smartphones
- How to Unlock Bootloader on Asus Zenfone 2 Smartphones
- How to Unlock Bootloader on Oppo N3 Smartphones
- How to Unlock Bootloader on LG G4 (Europe) Smartphones
- How to Unlock Bootloader on Huawei P8 Smartphones
- How to Unlock Bootloader on Motorola Moto E Smartphones