These are the steps to installing TWRP recovery on the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 4. The flashing process of the Samsung Note 4 involves Odin. It is the most easiest method out there and even beginners can try it. Flashing means to tweak around the internal partition of your device called recovery. This recovery allows you to perform many operations and customizations. But, if you want more customization and functions, you can just install a custom recovery.
The custom recovery that we’ve got here today is called TWRP. It lets you communicate with the internal hardware of the device. With this installed, you can apply methods like updating firmware, installing kernels, removing bloatware, maximizing the battery life, root access and many more. It also kills all loops, bugs and lagging.
The Files You Need
- The TWRP Recovery file for the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (T-Mobile) Click here.
- Download the Odin flashing tool for your Windows PC.
- Download the Samsung USB Drivers for your Windows PC.
- Installing a custom recovery is a tricky business. Make sure that you backup all your important data. You’ll be using a computer running Windows for this and a USB data cable. You need to remove or deactivate any sort of antivirus or firewall on your PC. It will hinder the flashing process.
- Make sure that the USB debugging is enabled. Go to Settings>About Phone. Tap it 6 or 7 times to gain developer rights. Now, go to Settings>Developer Options>USB Debugging.
- Make sure that the battery of your phone is 65% charged when you plug it with the PC. Otherwise, it may die in the middle of the process and your device may get bricked.
Install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Note 4:
- Unzip the TWRP file to the desktop.
- Unzip the Odin file and install it using the on screen commands.
- Open Samsung KIES and install the Note 4 USB drivers on your PC. Otherwise, you can install the USB drivers from the official Samsung website link above.
- On your device, long press the Power button and select ‘Power Off” to turn it off.
- Long press Home + Power + Volume down button to enter your device into download mode.
- Run the Odin flashing tool on your Windows PC.
- Now, connect your device to the PC using the USB data cable
- Once the device is connected, the ‘Added’ message will show up. The ID:COM will turn blue or yellow.
- In the Odin, select “PA” and select the TWRP file that you downloaded.
- Now, just hit the “Start” button.
- When the ‘Pass” message will pop up on the screen and the ID:COM potion will go green, you’ll be there.
- Unplug from the cable and reboot your Samsung Galaxy Note 4.