CyanogenMod 10 for LG Optimus One P500, P505, P506 and P509 is now available to be flashed. Flashing like rooting will void any warranty, however, you can easily retain the warranty again by flashing back to the stock ROM and they will never know. This is one reason Android devices are so great to own and customize.
If you have any problems installing CyanogenMod 10 on the LG Optimus One devices please leave a comment and we will assist you when we can. With the mixture of old and new LG Optimus One devices, it’s great to be able to flash the latest CyanogenMod 10 ROM on the device. To find out how to do it check after the jump for a complete guide.
How to Install CyanogenMod10 on LG Optimus One P500, P505, P506 and P509:
- First you must download the CyanogenMod 10 custom ROM from this XDA Developers page.
- Download the Google apps pack.
- Connect the LG Optimus One to the Windows PC by using the USB cable that came with the device.
- Power down the mobile phone. You may even want to take out the battery and then put it back in again.
- Turn on the device by pressing Volume DOWN + HOME + Power Button. This will now enter ClockworkMod recovery.
- After the file browser appears you must select “Install zip from SD Card” followed by “Choose zip from SD Card”. From here choose the ClockworkMod ROM.
- It will now automatically begin flashing the device. Waiting patiently for it to complete the process.
- Now using the Google apps pack you downloaded in step two, repeat the same process.
- Once you have flashed both packages, navigate to the main recovery screen and select reboot now option to reboot the device. Upon reboot your LG Optimus One will have CyanogenMod 10 on it.