If you happen to be a flash-a-holic and cannot live a month without flashing a custom ROM, and also happen to own a T-Mobile Samsung Vibrant, you would be glad to know that your phone has been blessed with one of the powerful custom recoveries in the Android world – the CWM Recovery.
The following guide teaches how you can get this custom recovery flashed on your phone, so you can then enjoy some of the finest things that Android has to offer on your Samsung Vibrant phone.
So, if that sounds good to you, here’s how to get your T-Mobile Samsung Vibrant flashed with CWM custom recovery:
Files You Need
- Your phone must be rooted in order for this tutorial to work. If you are not rooted yet, please head over to our how to root the T-Mobile Samsung Vibrant tutorial and root your phone first. Then come back here and continue.
- This should flash a custom recovery called ClockworkMod on your Samsung Vibrant.
- You should not have flashed any other version of the CWM recovery using Odin on your phone before. If you have, this tutorial might cause issues.
Installing a Custom Recovery on the Samsung Vibrant (T-Mobile)
- Launch Google Play on your phone, search for and tap on the ROM Manager app.
- Install the ROM Manager app on your phone.
- Wait for the app to be installed on your phone.
- When the app is installed, open it from your app drawer.
- On the main screen of the app, tap on the option that says Flash Recovery. It is for flashing a custom recovery on your phone.
- You should be asked what device it is that you wish to flash a recovery on. Select Vibrant from the list to move forward with the process.
- Allow the app to get access to root permissions on your phone.
- The app should automatically download and install the recovery on your phone.
- Wait for the app to download and install the recovery on your phone.
- When the recovery has been installed, choose Reinstall Packages from the recovery menu.
- Wait for the recovery to do its thing.
- When the recovery’s done, reboot your phone.
- You are all done!
And, your Samsung Vibrant from T-Mobile now has a custom recovery to help you with flashing a custom ROM on your phone.
If you are just starting out with a custom recovery, make sure to first backup your phone using the backup option given in the recovery menu. That way, even if the things went south, you would have a backup to be restored on your phone which will help you keep your phone running.
Once the backup is done, you can go ahead and flash a custom ROM by first downloading and copying the ROM to your phone, and then using this recovery mode to have it flashed on your phone. Should you ever have any issues with the ROM, just flash back the stock ROM or use the recovery backup to get to where you were before.
Furthermore, you might be interested in reading how to boot the Samsung Vibrant into the custom recovery mode using the hardware keys on your device.
You might also be interested in:
- How To Root The Samsung Vibrant (T-Mobile)
- How To Install A Custom Recovery On The Sony Xperia TL Running Android 4.3
- How To Root The Sony Xperia TL Running Android 4.3
- How To Root The Sony Xperia E
- How To Root The LG L Bello
Have something to say? You can contribute to this tech article by leaving a comment below.