Smartphone operating systems might not always be as easy to navigate as desktop OSs—finding files nested on the Android operating system can sometimes be a complex task in comparison to using File Explorer on the Windows operating system—but one thing that does work in their favor is problem-solving.
Rarely do you ever have to spend time trying to figure out the solution to a problem with the OnePlus 6 smartphone because most things can be fixed by simply taking a hard reset instead, a bit like utilizing a get out of jail free card.
Despite many people saying otherwise, a hard reset and a factory reset on the OnePlus 6 device will yield the same outcomes: the phone will be restored to its default, factory state on both occasions. In other words, the same state that it was in when it left the factory responsible for manufacturing it. This means you shouldn’t expect to find any applications that you installed yourself still on the device. Any settings that you changed will be returned to how they were when you first opened the OnePlus 6 out of the box too. And, of course, unless you took a backup, all the data that you accumulated—pictures, documents, music, so forth—will no longer be available once the hard reset is complete.
There are numerous similarities between computers and smartphones: they are made up of many of the same components, and all have the same heart, veins, and brain, so to speak. When it comes to resetting the software though, there are some differences. A modern-day computer operating system will offer three ways to reset: rebooting the OS, force-closing all open applications and forcing a reboot, and then a third way, which will return the device to its factory state, if desired. The mobile operating system offers the factory reset option, and the only alternative being the soft reset, which is the same as a straightforward reboot of the operating system.
You shouldn’t worry about a hard reset causing any harm to your OnePlus 6 smartphone; provided that you’ve backed up any data that you didn’t want to lose, very little else can go wrong.
This guide is also suitable for anyone who wants to learn:
- How to factory reset OnePlus 6 smartphones.
- How to wipe all data on OnePlus 6 smartphones.
- How to bypass screen lock on OnePlus 6 smartphones.
- How to restore defaults on OnePlus 6 smartphones.
- How to master reset OnePlus 6 smartphones.
This is what you need to do to apply a hard reset by using the hardware keys and the settings that already come with your device.
How to Hard Reset OnePlus 6 Smartphones
1. Press the Power button on the OnePlus 6 smartphone and then select the option to switch it off from the menu.
2. Boot the OnePlus 6 smartphone by pressing the Volume Down and Power buttons simultaneously and keep the buttons pressed in for a couple of seconds.
3. When the screen changes, release the two buttons.
4. Enter the PIN code to gain access to your OnePlus 6 smartphone.
5. From the menu, choose the “Wipe data and cache” option.
6. From the next screen, select the “Erase everything” option.
7. Wait for the data wiping to compete and then choose the option for rebooting the smartphone out of recovery and into the standard operating system.
That’s all you need to apply a hard reset on the OnePlus 6 smartphone.
Applying a hard reset is probably one of the more commonly exchanged phrases for when people are referring to implementing a factory reset, but the same guide above is also good for a few other causes. The same steps would also work if you just wanted to wipe all of the data on your OnePlus 6 smartphone, for instance. Likewise, you could also use the same steps for bypassing the screen lock or just to restore the defaults on the OnePlus 6 device.
You might also be interested in:
- Download OnePlus Stock ROM for All Models
- How to Root OnePlus 3 on Android 6.0 (Oxygen UI)
- How to Install Android 6.0 Marshmallow on OnePlus One Using Omni ROM
- How to Install Android 6.0 Marshmallow on OnePlus One Using AOSParadox
- How to Root OnePlus 2 on Android 6.0.1
- Download OnePlus 3T Stock ROM for Your Device
- Download OnePlus 3 Stock ROM for Your Device