Hard resetting the Moto G Play 2021 smartphone is done when you want to wipe all data at once. You may also want to take a hard reset because you wanted to restore the Moto G Play 2021 to its default factory state. Sometimes Android smartphone owners will hard reset to try to solve software-related issues that could only otherwise be solved with a software update that has not yet arrived. If you have not checked for software updates recently, you may want to do that instead of hard resetting for troubleshooting reasons.
This tutorial demonstrates how to hard reset the Moto G Play 2021 smartphone.
How to Hard Reset Moto G Play 2021
You can hard reset the Moto G Play 2021 from the System section of the Settings app. Here is how to do that:
Hard resetting the Moto G Play 2021 wipes all data from the smartphone which means you need to take a backup now so the data can be restored later. Only those selling the smartphone do not need a backup.
1. With the Moto G Play turned on, head to Settings > System.
2. Tap Advanced > Reset options.
3. Tap Erase all data (factory reset).
4. Tap Erase all data.
Wait for the data to be wiped and then the Android operating system will restart. You will need to restore your data if you want it back on the smartphone.
You can also hard reset the Moto G Play 2021 smartphone using the hardware buttons. Only use this method if you cannot use the Google account to access the Settings.
Ensure you have enough batter for at least 30 minutes of usage or else it might not make it through the reset.
1. With the Moto G Play turned off, press and hold the Power + Volume Down buttons simultaneously.
2. When you see Fastboot Mode, release the buttons.
3. Select Recovery Mode.
4. Press and hold Power + Volume Up when you see the Android robot.
5. From the Recovery menu, select Wipe data/factory reset.
6. Select Factory data reset.
7. Select Reboot system now.
When the Moto G Play reboots out of Recovery Mode, it will restart the Android operating system where you can sign in to your Google account again. You will need to restore your data if you wanted it back on the device. Those looking to sell the Moto G Play can keep it wiped.
In conclusion, that is how to hard reset the Moto G Play 2021 smartphone.