This tutorial demonstrates how to factory reset the LG Stylo 5 smartphone.
How to Factory Reset LG Stylo 5
You can factory reset the LG Stylo 5 smartphone from the Settings app and from the Factory Data Reset section which is similar to an Android smartphone’s recovery environment. The recommended method is via the Settings app. So here is how to do it from the Settings app first:
1. With the LG Stylo 5 turned on, tap Settings > General > Backup & reset.
2. Tap Factory data reset > Reset phone.
3. Tap Delete all.
The factory reset now wipes all data on the smartphone and will reset the factory settings as well. Once that is done, the Android operating system will restart and you need to sign in to your Google account. If you need to reset your password, you can head to the sign-in screen on Google.com on any desktop computer and follow the link to reset the password from there.
As mentioned, there is a second method to hard reset the LG Stylo 5 smartphone which is via the Factory Data Reset menu. Here is how to do that:
1. With the LG Stylo 5 turned off, press and hold the Power + Volume Down buttons simultaneously.
2. Release the Power button when you see the LG logo.
3. With Volume Down still pressed in, press the Power button once again.
4. Release Power and Volume Down buttons when you see the Factory Data Reset menu.
5. Select Yes.
6. Select Yes.
All data will be erased and the factory settings will be reset. As with the first method, you need to set up the smartphone and sign in to your Google account once the Android operating system boots up. You can reset the password for your Google account by trying to sign in from Google.com on a desktop computer.