The SN Write Tool allows you to write and flash the IMEI number to smartphones and tablets that come with MediaTek processors inside.
Sometimes after updating a smartphone or tablet to a new firmware version, you may find you need to write and flash the IMEI number back on the device again.
What is the IMEI Number?
IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) is a unique number given to every mobile device so that it can be identified on any mobile network that it uses. That is to say that if you do install a firmware update and do not have the IMEI number on the device anymore, you will not have the same level of security on the device as before. Since the IMEI is a unique identifying number, you can use that number to help to identify your device if it ever gets lost or stolen. Likewise, if you are ever shopping for a second-hand smartphone or tablet, you may wish to request the device’s IMEI number and then run it through a service such as CheckMend to find out of the device legitimately belongs to the person who is selling it to you.
How to Find a Devices IMEI Number?
To check that your IMEI number has been written and flashed correctly after having used the SN Write Tool, you can dial *#06#, and then on the device’s display should be the number. Those of you who have a smartphone with Dual SIM card support will find two IMEI numbers on the smartphone’s display (one for each SIM slot).
Download SN Write Tool (All Versions)
- SN_Write_Tool_v1.1924.00.zip – Latest version
- Download Sony Mobile Flasher (All Versions)
- Download Rockchip Driver Assistant (All Versions)
- Download Phoenix USB Pro (All Versions)
- Download Broadcom MultiDownloader (All Versions)
- Download QcomDloader Tool (All Versions)
- Download Qualcomm Flash Image Loader (QFIL)
- Download Smartphone Flash Tool (SP Flash Tool)
- Download SPD Upgrade Tool (All Versions)