iOS 6.0.2 is now available for download for the iPad mini and also the iPhone 5. The update has been released by Apple and is strictly for iPhone 5 and iPad mini devices only. It will brings in bug fixes for both devices. One of the bigger bug fixes it addresses is the Wi-Fi bug that many iPhone 5 and iPad Mini users are all too aware of currently. If you are one of those people then you will benefit greatly from this update. To get the update simply download the IPSW from the links below.
The official release from Apple:
“iOS 6.0.2 Software Update
This update contains improvements and bug fixes, including:
- Fixes a bug that could impact Wi-Fi
For information on the security content of this update, please visit this website:
If you have not updated to iOS 6.0.2 yet, doing so is simple. You can either head over to iTunes and check for the latest updates. Subsequently you can use the following guide on how to update to iOS 6.
If you plan on using a jailbreak however, popular iPhone hacker Muscle Nerd has warned everyone not to update to this latest iOS 6 firmware. In doing so you take away the chance of being able to jailbreak your device until further notice.
How to download iOs 6.0.1 firmware:
These are the links to download the firmware to their respective devices.
- iPhone 5 AT&T/Canada (model A1428) – iPhone5,1_6.0.2_10A551_Restore.ipsw
- iPhone 5 others (model A1429) – iPhone5,2_6.0.2_10A551_Restore.ipsw
- iPad mini WiFi – iPad2,5_6.0.2_10A550_Restore.ipsw
- iPad mini GSM – iPad2,6_6.0.2_10A8500_Restore.ipsw
- iPad mini CDMA – iPad2,7_6.0.2_10A8500_Restore.ipsw
Looking for other iPhone firmware? Check our firmware page for a complete list.