The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is receiving a brand new Android 4.4.2 Kitkat build, namely XXUENE2 firmware over the air and today I’ll show you how to install the file manually using the trusty Odin tool. The third generation in the Note series came with 4.3 Jelly Bean out of the box and is still seeing significant upgrades to the OS as you can see here. We are not far away from what is the latest software available.
Android 4.4.2 KitKat is made famous for its white status bar icons, transparent status and navigation bars, full screen album art from the lock screen, color Emoji support, cloud printing, camera app from the lock screen, immersive mode, new Location menu and more.
- Do not attempt to install the file on any other device than the Note 3 N9005. If you fail to comply it can soft-brick the device.
- The guide uses the Odin tool made by Samsung Developers for Windows PCs only. Anyone running Windows Xp through to WIndows 8 will be able to follow all the steps. If you only have Mac OS X or Linus you must flash firmware following a different procedure.
- If you have a custom ROM installed it will be wiped. Furthermore flashing official stock firmware will chain the OS back up and Take away any root access previously available. The good news is that any withstanding warranty that was previously revoked will become good again.
- Press the keys to find the Develop options from the Settings menu. From there, enable the USB Debugging Mode.
- Backup the text messages, photo galleries, music files, call logs, contacts and anything else you can think of with the helium app from the Google Play Store. If you have a different preferred method to backup that is fine as long as you make copies of the data. if the smartphone needs a full factory reset it will wipe the data; therefore, the only way to get it back by reinstalling the backup files.
- Everyone needs to download and install the latest Samsung USB Drivers from this page. Alternatively they can install Samsung Kies Mini and automatically receive the drivers that way.
- Take the time to temporarily disable any security programs running in the system tray. Furthermore disable any security apps from the Android handset.
- Press the Settings > About phone > Software updates > Check for software update keys after the notification comes alerting you that the software update is ready to be installed if you feel like waiting instead.
- We are not liable for any damages or loss of data that spanned from following the guide we present here today. We give advice based on the best of our knowledge but nothing comes with a signed and sealed guarantee. All steps are taken at your own peril.
How To Install Android 4.4.4 KitKat Official Firmware On The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005
1. Download the Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUENE2 file here.
2. Download the freshest Odin version 3.09 here.
3. Turn the Note off so it isn’t working.
4. Have the Odin app open and ready on the computer or laptop monitor.
5. Get the USB cable from the phone charger.
6. Plug the Note 3 into the computer using the USB wire.
7. Watch as it connects with Odin.
– the ID: COM port will change color.
– the “added” message will appear.
8. Click the AP button and upload the flashing file.
9. Wait for the file extension to show up properly before continuing to the next step.
10. Leave Auto reboot and F Reset Time options on.
11. Leave the pe-partition box left unchecked.
12. Click start to begin the flashing.
13. Do not touch any buttons or keys until it finishes.
14. Close down Odin after it says ‘pass’ and the ID: COM port changes to yet another color indicating success.
15. Visit the system tray in Windows and stop the USB Mass Storage device before disconnecting the smartphone from the computer.