Installing any custom Recovery on the Sony Xperia Z5 Compact smartphone is necessary if you want to start installing any of the aftermarket firmware that will become available for your device. When we talk about aftermarket firmware we mean custom ROMs and you can expect any smartphone that is halfway familiar to come out with at least a few. The main reason is that it is the third-party developers making these custom ROMs in their spare time, and you can expect they want to put that time and effort to good use which usually means creating the ROMs for devices that are selling well, and they know people will use.
Aftermarket firmware is going to replace the stock ROM on your Sony Xperia Z5 Compact smartphone and give you a ton of new features to go with your new user interface. A custom ROM offers users a chance to install something that is a better fit for their needs instead of using the mainstream stock ROM all of the time.
Of course, installing a custom recovery such as TWRP isn’t always just about installing custom ROMs. There are plenty of people who want to delve into some of the other features that a custom recovery partition has the stock recovery like being able to take NANDroid Backups — the only way you can make a complete backup without having to use ADB from a computer.
Here is everything you need to install TWRP Recovery on the Sony Xperia Z5 Compact with the E5823 model number by using ADB commands from a Windows computer to flash the custom recovery image and the Androplus kernel.
Files You Need
- Download the TWRP Recovery file for the Z5 Compact E5823 from the XDA Developers forum here.
- Download the ADB Drivers from here.
- Download the ADB for Windows for everyone who has a Windows computer. You may also download the ADB for Mac and ADB for Linux if you have one of those operating systems, but you cannot follow this guide with this other options. The commands you must enter will vary between Windows and the other two operating systems.
Installing the TWRP Recovery on the Sony Xperia Z5 Compact E5823
- Download and install the ADB on your computer from the files section above.
- Install the ADB Drivers on the computer if you need them.
- Download the TWRP Recovery package to the computer and extract the file to the desktop of the computer.
- Connect the Sony Xperia Z5 Compact smartphone to the computer with the USB cable that you usually use to charge the battery for the device.
- Copy the contents of the TWRP Recovery file over to the same folder as the ADB so everything is in the one directory.
- Have that same directory open and hold the Shift key and right-click the background inside the file where it shows the white color and chooses to open a new command prompt window from the menu.
- Type the command “adb reboot bootloader” and your Z5 Compact smartphone will be in the bootloader mode ready for the flashing.
- Type the command “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img” to install the custom recovery on your phone.
- Type the command “fastboot flash boot boot.img” to flash the boot image.
- Wait until you see the amber LED light color and then press the Volume buttons a few times to boot into the newly flash TWRP Recovery on your phone.
In conclusion, that is how to install the TWRP custom Recovery on the Sony Xperia Z5 Compact smartphone with the E5823 model number by using your ADB commands and the helpful thread from the XDA-Developers forum. You should find the custom recovery had overridden the stock recovery, and it will always be available for you now each time you press the hardware button combination for the anemic stock recovery. Moreover, anyone who goes on to root the Sony Xperia Z5 Compact smartphone can choose to download and install the Quick Boot application from the Google Play Store. The Quick Boot application can help your boot your handset into the recovery mode without the need of you remember what the hardware button combination if for the recovery mode.
Furthermore, now that you have a custom recovery image installed on the Sony smartphone you can find out all there is to know for rooting the Sony Xperia Z5 Compact E5823 smartphone.
Take Into Account:
Team Win often release several TWRP Recovery files for a particular device. They always recommend installing the latest version of TWRP available to avoid compatibility issues. If you have updated the firmware on the device recently and the most recent version of TWRP is not working, then try downgrading the firmware and trying again.
Some custom ROMs that are newer might not be compatible with older versions of TWRP Recovery. You can fix that issue by updating to the latest version of TWRP also.
You can visit the official Team Win Recovery Project home page and scroll down the list to find your device to get the most recent version if the version available in this guide is not working for your device.