The Windows 7 operating system comes with a selection of accelerators that can help you use maps on Google Maps or Windows Live Maps, get definitions from Wikipedia, view your Hotmail email inbox, share content with LinkedIn, use Gmail, and more.
The following tutorial demonstrates how to set one of your accelerators as a default accelerator so that it is used first when you are using the Internet Explorer web browser in a version of the Windows 7 operating system.
How to Set Default Accelerator in Internet Explorer
1. Open the Internet Explorer web browser.
2. Press the alt key and then click on View > Toolbars and enable the Menu bar and Command bar.
3. From the Command bar, click on Page and then hover the mouse over the Accelerators link on the drop-down menu and then click on Manage Accelerators.
4. Click on Accelerators from the Add-on Types menu and then select the accelerator from the right side of the same window and click on the Set as Default button at the bottom of the window.
5. You can also remove the default accelerator by following the same steps and instead of the button reading Set as Default it will now read Remove as Default.
6. Click on the Close button to close the Manage add-ons window.
You can now continue using your computer if you like.
- How to Use ‘Find on this Page’ in Internet Explorer in Windows 7
- How to Create Bootable UEFI USB Flash Drive for Installing Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1
- How to Change Windows Firewall Notification Settings in Windows 7
- How to Fix Startup Repair Loop in Windows 7 without Reinstalling Operating System
- How to Show Services Running Under svchost.exe in Windows 7
- How to Install Windows 7 Using Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI)
- How to Add/Remove an Internet Explorer Accelerator Add-on
- How to Enable/Disable Built-in Elevated Administrator Account in Windows 7
- How to Enable/Disable Toolbars and Extensions in InPrivate Browsing in Windows 7