Recently, owners of the Galaxy S2 Plus GT-I9105 in the Russian region saw an over-the-air update which let them update their mobiles to the latest 4.2.2 Android Jelly Bean. This official firmware was given the build number of XXUBMH4.
If you did indeed update to this then you would have lost any previous root access. That means you will need to gain root again via this method. Alternatively, there may just be users who didn’t have any access and are just looking to get it now. No matter which group you fall into, this is the guide for you.
Details of Note
- Before starting the guide it’s always a good idea to read through the prerequisites we have here so you fully understand what you will need as well as any conditions you may not have understood before. They are as follows:
- Make sure there is a sufficient amount of battery power left on the galaxy S2 Plus before you begin. If it shuts down during the process because the battery runs out, then that can cause a lot of damage. Sometimes, if it’s really bad, it can cause irreparable damage that cannot be fixed.
- This guide only works for the S2 Plus GT-I9105 phone and no other models. Do not try to install it on any other or else it could cause harm.
- Make sure that USB Debugging mode is enabled. You can enable it by visiting the Developer Options menu. This has become available for all handsets that run Android 4.0 and above. If you don’t see the Developer Options, then navigate your way to the Settings app and ‘About Phone’ section. Click on the build number 7 times to bring it up.
- The step by step instructions is intended for advanced users only. Don’t try this if you haven’t done this before, or if you don’t have a proper understanding of what is required. We are always available for a chat if you would like to ask us something. You have the options of commenting or clicking on the ‘Contact Us’ page for help.
- We recently showed you the beautiful fruits of the SuperSu 1.43 which had only just been updated a few weeks ago to help those of you who had already jumped ahead with Android 4.3. Now, though, there is a SuperSu 1.51 which is the newest version we will be using for this tutorial.
How to Root The Galaxy S2 Plus Running Android 4.2.2 Official Firmware:
1. Download SuperSU-v1.51.
2. Using the trusty SD card, transfer the zip file across. Do this by simply copying and pasting it. Do not extract anything just yet. Transfer only as is.
3. Boot the mobile into ClockworkMod recovery.
4. From inside CWM navigate to install zip from SD card and install the zip which we put on there.
5. Confirm the process and wait while it roots your Galaxy S2.
6. Once done, head back to the main screen and select reboot system now.
Go to the Google Play Store and download the Root Checker app after logging into your Google account.