The following tutorial demonstrates how to root the Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070 smartphone.
Details of Note
- We recommend backing up your device before beginning the root process.
- You will also need to have USB debugging mode enabled in order to complete this guide. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC.
- You will need to make sure you have the Samsung Galaxy USB drivers. This is necessary for when you connect the device to the computer. You have to connect it to the computer in order to root the device.
Before You Begin You Will Need to Download Two Files:
- Download Root Package
- Download Original Kernal
How to Root Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070
1. Put both the downloaded files onto your desktop
2. Extract the Root Package file to your desktop.
3. Double click the Odin3 v1.83.exe file from the file you extracted.
4. Now enable USB debugging – to do this follow these steps: Menu> Settings> Applications> Development> USB Debugging.
5. Now enable mock locations – to do this follow these steps: Menu> Settings> Applications> Development> Allow Mock Locations.
6. Now you need to Turn Off the device and Reboot it into download mode.
7. To put your device into download mode, once the device is off – press and holdVolume DOWN + Home + Power simultaneously.
8. Now connect your device to the computer with the USB cable that came with it.
9. You should now be able to see Odin recognizing your device as connected. Now select the PIT option inside Odin and select GT-I9070_EUR_XX_BG_20111220_KL6.pit – this is the same file you extracted from the root package.
10. Click on the PDA tab and select the rootkernel.tar.md5 file.
11. Inside Odin confirm that the only boxes checked are Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time – make sure all other boxes are left unticked.
12. Now press the Start button and it will begin rooting your device.
13. It will Reboot automatically once it has finished the rooting process.
14. Turn your device off again.
15. Put your device back into download mode. Do this press and holding Volume Down + Home + power simultaneously. Your device will now continue to boot up in download mode.
16. Reconnect your device to the computer using the supplied USB cable.
17. Open up Odin once again. Do this by double clicking the ODIN3 v1.83.exe file. Once inside click on the PIT tab and select for the GT-I9070_EUR_XX_BG_20111220_KL6.pit to be flashed.
18. Click the PDA tab and select Original Kernel downloaded in the beginning. This should now match up with your device’s firmware.
19. Check boxes Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time and leave all other boxes unchecked.
20. Press the Start button.
21. Odin will now complete doing its thing and your device should reboot automatically.
Now that your device is rooted, you can instantly download rooted apps. Furthermore, you may be interested in checking our custom ROMs.