Thanks to the Jailbreaking Dev Team, one of our favourite Jailbreaking tools has undergonesome tweaking and we now have access to Absinthe version 2.0.4. So, if you want to give it a go just follow our guide.
As with all tutorials, please back up your device before hand and proceed at your own risk. ConsumingTech will not take responsibility for any loss of data or damage which may occur to your device during the how to guide.
Before you begin:
- This version is compatible for use on iOS 5.1.1 only. If you are not using this version you will need to update to iOS 5.1.1.
- Do not use this guide if you have an unlocked iPhone and are dependant on either Gevey Unlock or UtraSn0w Unlock.
- After you Jailbreak your device please do not pirate the app store application.
- This is the latest version of Absinthe. It uses the same tutorial as previous Absinthe version 2.01, however, the download links needed are all new. You will also find it impossible to find the old 2.01 links to download.
Step 1. First you will need to download one the following:
- For Windows including XP, Vista, Win7
For Mac OS X 10.5 10.6 10.7
- You will also need to make sure your device is running on iOS 5.1.1
Step 2. Assuming you are now running iOS 5.1.1, using your USB cable, connect your iPhone with your PC. Then perform a backup through iTunes.
Step 3. Once you have made a backup of your personal data, you can disconnect it from your PC. Then navigate to ‘Settings’ > ‘General’ > ‘Reset’ > ‘Erase All Content and Settings’. Once you have done this it is a good idea to remove VPN settings or any passcodes. This will just make the Jailbreaking process smoother.
Step 4. Launch the Absinthe which you downloaded in step 1. Once it opens you can connect your iPhone back to your PC via USB. Absinthe will detect your device and you will be able to select the ‘Jailbreak’ option.
Step 5. Now you just need to wait. Absinthe 2.0.4 will complete the entire Jailbreaking process. You will be able to watch its progress within the Absinthe window. It can take some time so be patient, Absinthe will let you know when it’s all complete and safe to disconnect your device.
You will now be able to see the Cydia icon sitting happily on your springboard. You are now free to restore your personal data from the iTunes backup you took before completing the guide