The sick and twisted custom ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone on the T-Mo network will have a love or hate relationship with most people. The sick and twisted custom ROM developer has been doing this since the Samsung Galaxy S4, so he knows what he is doing. The sick and twisted ROM is based on Android 4.4.2 KitKat — the best update in the Android KitKat line of software updates — and it comes with battery tweaks built into the firmware. In addition to the welcomed battery tweaks for the Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone you will also find plenty of data tweaks, SuperSU, Knox completely removed, zip-aligned, a four-way power menu, Xposed framework, call recording, incredibly fast user interface and plenty of more features well worth a mention but we have run out of space.
Here is everything you need to install the sick and twisted custom ROM on the Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone for the T-Mobile subscribers among you. The guide makes use of a custom recovery and a computer. It doesn’t matter what custom recovery you end up using for your device, but the guide will reference the work from TWRP Recovery only. We recommend you all install the TWRP when it becomes available because it’s the best custom recovery available.
Files You Need
- Download the sick and twisted custom ROM file for the Samsung Galaxy S5 T-Mobile subscribers from here.
You must have installed a custom recovery on the Samsung Galaxy S5 T-Mobile smartphone before you can follow this guide and start installing a new ROM on the device.
You should check the model number of the smartphone by tapping on the Settings > About Device > Model Number and make sure that it matches up with the T-Mobile model number. Any other model number will get bricked when you follow this guide.
Installing the Sick and Twisted custom ROM on the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphones
- Download the sick and twisted custom ROM from the files section above and have it on the desktop of the computer.
- Connect the T-Mo smartphone to the computer with the USB cable.
- Copy and paste the sick and twisted custom ROM file over to the internal storage SD card.
- Unplug your T-Mo device from the computer once you have the new firmware file on your internal storage SD card.
- Turn off the T-Mo S5 completely by pressing the Power button and selecting the option to switch it off from the Power menu.
- Hold the hardware button sequence for recovery mode and reboot the T-Mo S5 directly to the custom recovery image you installed earlier.
- Choose the option to take the NANDroid Backup for the T-Mo S5 from the recovery menu and it will backup all of your data so you can restore it again later.
- Tap on the Wipe button once you have backed up, so you wipe the data and then apply a factory reset.
- From the main recovery menu once again, tap on the Install button this time and browse the SD card for the sick and twisted custom ROM zip file that you transferred there earlier.
- Choose the option to reboot the system once your sick and twisted ROM is loaded and ready to use.
In conclusion, that is how to install the sick and twisted custom ROM on the Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone for the T-Mobile subscribers. You can see the new custom ROM running on your device as soon as you reboot with the last commands during the technical writing how-to guide above. You can use the Odin flashing application to flash the stock ROM on your device. Anytime you want to use the stock ROM, you should head over to the Sam Mobile website and then download the stock ROM for your model number. Those of you with unlocked operating systems can choose to install a stock ROM from any mobile phone carrier networks; however, those of you who are still subscribed to T-Mobile will need to make sure that are downloading and installing the T-Mobile stock ROM from the Sam Mobile website or else it will brick the device