The folks out of Mountain View are updating the Google Play store design in a multitude of ways. The new iteration comes with the build number of 5.1.11 and it’s rolling out in periods to everyone. If you wish to skip the queue and install the file immediately, you can download the APK files and install them using the Astro manager below.
The newest Google Play version is designed to better suit the overall lollipop design. It comes with scrolling and visual adjustments to My Apps menu, new account screen, no more hamburger menu, full navigation to the top of the screen, real-time card shadow with Lollipop and more. Overall, there are numerous design tweaks that make this version different (and better) than the last.
Android 5.0 Lollipop is this year’s software update hitting Android mobiles between now and well into the early parts of 2015. It comes with the most features we’ve seen since Android 4.4.2 KitKat. Lollipop comes with the all new material Design user interface, battery saving mode, full Android run-time (ART) support, new security tweaks, device sharing options, lock screen features, Screen Pin, smart notifications, recent multi-tasking and more.
How to install the Google Play 5.1.11 APK using ASTRO file manager
- Download the 5.1 APK file here or here.
– use the desktop of your computer.
- Download the ASTRO file manager here.
- Turn the Android device on and navigate to Settings > Applications . unknown Sources > Enable for Gingerbread and jelly bean users.
- Turn the phone or tablet on and stopover at Settings > Security > Unknown Sources for above Ice Cream Sandwich.
- Connect the Android to the computer using the USB cable.
- Transfer the file over to the internal storage or the SD card.
- Disconnect from the computer.
- Navigate over to the apps directory.
- Tap the APK file followed by “Open App Manager.”
- Tap the “install’ option and hit “install’ once more after the permissions screen.
The latest Google Play is running on your device. You must run Android 2.3 or above or else the files won’t be flashing.