The crDroid custom ROM is one of the most popular custom ROMs you can install on the Google Nexus 4 smartphone. The following provides you with everything you need to install the crDroid custom ROM on the Nexus 4 so you can replace the stock ROM with the custom ROM of your choice.
Installing a custom ROM on the Google Nexus 4 smartphone is going to replace the stock ROM with another ROM that is aftermarket firmware and put together by third-party developers. Some of these developers can be as talented as anyone in the world, and you can find some ROMs that are better than the stock ROM. However, ultimately the idealism of a custom Rom is to give people a more niche ROM packed with features they find useful that a generalized stock ROM does not give them.
Files You Need
- Download the crDroid custom ROM file for the Google Nexus 4 smartphone from here.
- You must root the Google Nexus 4 smartphone before you can come here and install a custom ROM on the same device by using this guide.
- You must install a custom recovery on the Google Nexus 4 smartphone before you follow this guide and install a custom ROM on the same handset.
Note that the steps we provide in this tutorial for the Google Nexus 4 and a custom ROM are written with Team WIn’s TWRP Recovery in mind and not any of the other custom recovery images. That does not mean you cannot use this guide to install your crDRoid ROM if you have a different custom recovery image running. It just means that you will need to wary of the buttons being worded slightly different because each custom recovery has unique button names.
Installing the crDroid custom ROM on the Google Nexus 4 smartphone
- Download the crDroid custom ROM file to the computer and have it waiting on the desktop.
- Connect the Google Nexus 4 smartphone to the computer with the USB cable that you usually use to charge the battery in the device.
- Copy the crDroid ROM from the desktop over to the internal storage SD card.
- Unplug the Google Nexus 4 smartphone from the computer once you have the new ROM on the SD card.
- Turn off the smartphone and reboot it holding the hardware key combination for the stock recovery mode and the custom recovery will boot up on the display since you had installed the custom recovery on the smartphone before starting with the guide.
- Choose the Install option from the main Recovery menu and then browse the SD card location of the Nexus 4 smartphone to upload the crDroid ROM file.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation of your new crDroid ROM and then choose the option that says it will reboot the system once you have completed the installation.
In conclusion, that is how to install the crDroid custom ROM on the Google Nexus 5 smartphone by using a custom recovery image and a computer. You can always flash the stock ROM back on your smartphone if you find the crDRoid ROM was not what you thought it would be. The Nexus 4 smartphone will automatically reboot now, and you will see the ROM you just flashed boot up on the display.
Anyone who cannot seem to get the guide to work can try connecting the Google Nexus 4 smartphone to the computer once again and make sure that you have transferred the crDroid custom ROM zip file to the first folder and not hidden it in one of the subfolders. The reason we say that is because if you have the ROM sitting in one of the subfolders, it might not show up from your custom recovery. It’s one of the most common problems have when they attempt to install a custom ROM on the Google Nexus 4 and any smartphone.