The Alliance custom ROM is great for any Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone owners who want a new ROM with maximum customization options. Choose from up to 17 preset user-interface styles and plenty of new themes for you to deck out your device. The Alliance ROM even comes with the CyanogenMod torch.
These are the guidelines to install the Alliance custom ROM on the Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone for the Verizon subscribers:
Files You Need
- Download the Alliance ROM file for the S5 from here.
- The instructions you will find in this guide are made for people using the TWRP version of custom recovery and a computer that is running Windows for an operating system. The steps may vary slightly if you are using a different computer or a different custom recovery.
Installing the Alliance custom ROM on the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5
- Download the Alliance custom ROM file from the files section above to the desktop of your computer.
– copy the file from the default downloads folder over to the desktop and paste it to get the file on your desktop.
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy S5 to the Windows computer with the USB cable you normally use for charging the battery.
- Copy the Alliance ROM zip file over to the internal storage SD card and keep the file in the topmost folder.
- Unplug your Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone from the computer now that you have it on your SD card.
- Boot the Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone to recovery mode using the buttons on your device or the Quick Boot application.
- Take a NANDroid backup from the main menu by tapping on the ‘Backup’ button.
- Tap on the ‘Wipe’ button and it will wipe the data and then factory reset your device.
- Tap on the ‘Install’ button and then follow the guidelines on the screen to upload your Alliance ROM file from the internal storage SD card.
- Once loaded, swipe the bottom of the display where it says swipe to confirm your installation and it will install your new ROM on the smartphone.
- Choose the ‘Reboot System’ option from the main recovery menu once you have the ROM installed.
In conclusion, that’s how to install the Alliance custom ROM on the Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone. You will find your new ROM boots every time you reboot the device. You can flash the stock ROM back on your device at any time if you ever regret your decision.