The Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900H) comes with Android Kitkat on board, however, you can have it updated with the latest Android 5.0 Lollipop using the guide given below. While the Android 4.4 lacks no features, the Lollipop update adds a bunch of new features to the phone. And, as with any other tech product, it’s always recommended to have your phones/tablets updated with latest software versions.
So, here’s our guide on how you can update your Samsung Galaxy S5 with Android 5.0 Lollipop.
Files You Need
1. You’ll need the Samsung USB Drivers installed on your computer. So go and get them first.
2. Download the Odin flashing tool that will help you flash the firmware files on your device.
3. Lastly, download the Android 5.0 Lollipop Update file that you will flash on your device.
Updating the Samsung Galaxy S5 with Android 5.0 (SM-G900H)
1. The first thing is to uncompress files from all the archives that you have downloaded. Right-click on each of the archives you’ve downloaded and select Extract here. The files will then be extracted in the same directory as the archives.
2. Double-click on Odin and it will open.
3. Click on the PDA button and select the firmware file you downloaded earlier.
4. Make sure the Repartition option is unchecked in the tool.
5. Turn off your device and reboot it into download mode. You can do so by holding down Volume DOWN, Home, and Power buttons at the same time.
6. Plug in your phone to your computer using a USB cable,
7. When your phone is connected, you should see “Added” in the tool.
8. Click the Start button and you should see the tool flashing the latest firmware on your device.
9. When it’s all done, you can reboot your device.
10. You are done.
Your Samsung Galaxy S5 should now reboot into the latest Android 5.0 Lollipop that brings with it a lot of new features and bug fixes. Hope you enjoy the new experience on your device!