Did the things not go well with root-access on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G? Do you wish to unroot your device as root-access doesn’t mean anything to you? No worries, here’s how you can go about unrooting your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G:
Files You Need
1. This should install the stock recovery and unroot your device.
2. Download Stock Recovery from the fourth section of the page to your computer. It’ll replace the custom recovery on your device.
Unrooting the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G
1. Make sure you haven’t extracted the Stock Recovery archive. It should be in .zip format.
2. Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
3. Copy Stock Recovery from your computer over to the SD card storage on your device.
4. When it is copied, disconnect your device from your computer.
5. Launch the Updater app on your device.
6. Press the Menu button and choose Select update package.
7. Select the Stock Recovery package to be installed on your device.
8. Wait for it to install the selected package on your device.
9. When it’s done installing the package, reboot your device.
10. Launch the SuperSU app from your app drawer.
11. Tap on the Settings tab.
12. Scroll down and tap on Full unroot.
13. Hit Yes when prompted.
14. Wait for it to fully unroot your device.
15. You’re done.
Congrats! Your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G is now fully unrooted. It’s now running the non-rooted version of Android along with the stock recovery.