After playing around with your rooted Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge (Sprint) for some time, you will eventually find that it’s all cluttered with various root-required apps and custom modifications. If you wish to remove all of that in one go, what you can do is install the stock firmware that will remove all that clutter and restore the system apps and settings for you to enjoy the pure and unmodified version of Android on your device.
Here’s how you can unroot your Sprint variant of the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and get it back to stock:
Files You Need
1. If you have rooted your device using our how to root the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge (Sprint) guide, this guide should help you unroot your device.
2. Download Odin to your computer. You’ll use it to flash the stock ROM on your device.
3. Download the appropriate Stock ROM for your device to your computer. It’s the whole OS that will run on your device.
4. You should have Samsung USB Drivers installed on your computer. You can grab these drivers from the given link.
Unrooting the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge (Sprint)
1. Extract files from both Stock ROM and Odin to your computer by right-clicking on each of them and selecting Extract here. It’ll extract all the files to your computer.
2. Open Odin by double-clicking on its executable file.
3. Click on PDA in the Odin and select the Stock ROM file to be installed on your device.
4. Ensure that the Repartition box is unchecked. It’s important.
5. Checkmark Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options as they’re harmless.
6. Turn off your phone.
7. Turn your phone back on by holding down Volume DOWN+Home+Power buttons simultaneously.
8. Hit Volume UP when prompted if you wish to enter the download mode.
9. Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
10. Click on Start in the Odin and wait for it to flash the stock ROM on your phone.
11. When it’s done installing the ROM, your phone will automatically reboot.
12. You’re all done.
Your Sprint variant of the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge is now unrooted. It’s now running the official Samsung firmware that contains no custom modifications. Enjoy!