The Galaxy Premier is Samsung’s latest attempt to gain control of the mid-range market. It comes with a large 4.65-inch Super AMOLED touchscreen and possesses a dual core not to dissimilar to that of the Galaxy Nexus inside.
This mobile doesn’t necessarily light up the stat sheet so to speak, however, it is fueled with reliable parts that Samsung have proven to work and work well. All-in-all, it’s exactly what a mid-range phone should be. If you can accept a plastic body and other not so premier finishes, it proves to be a device that is hard to complain about.
Make sure you have the Samsung Galaxy USB drivers. It is possible you have this already if you use the device regularly, in which case you can skip this step. This is necessary to connect the device to the computer, in order to upgrade the official firmware.
You will also need to have USB debugging mode enabled in order to complete this guide. You can follow the link that I provided and find out how to do that if you don’t know already.
The Files You Need
- Download the CF-Auto-Root-superior-superiorxx-gti9260.zip fil.
- Download the Odin3_v3.04.zip file.
- You will need to have the Samsung USB Drivers if you do not already have them installed.
- You must have a Windows PC to follow this guide; the CF-Auto-Root tool does not work on Linux or Mac OS X computers.
- You are voiding the warranty when you install the CF-Auto-Root package on your Samsung Galaxy Premier smartphone. You can get the Premier warranty working again if you unroot the device and return it back to the stock ROM.
- You must unlock the Samsung Galaxy Premier bootloader before you get root access using the Chainfire package in the guide. You can visit the home of Chainfire to learn how to unlock the bootloader on your device.
Rooting the Samsung Galaxy Premier GT i9260 On Jelly Bean 4.1.1
- Boot your device into download mode. If you don’t know how to do this, upon reboot: press home, volume down and power simultaneously.
- From the ODIN folder you downloaded in step 1 open it and run Odin3 v3.04.exe
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy Premier GT i9260 to the computer with the USB cable it came with. Your device will now connect to ODIN.
- You will be able to tell if this was successful by viewing a green “added” inside ODIN.
- On ODIN, select the PDA button, followed by the CF-Auto-Root-superior-superiorxx-gti9260.tar.md5 file.
- Select start and ODIN will now begin rooting your Galaxy Premier GT i9260. You will know if it has been successful by viewing a “pass” message on ODIN. Now watch as your Galaxy Premier reboots automatically. After it reboots it will be finished..
- Now you can regain control of your Google account and visit the Google Play Store to download your root-requiring apps. You might want to start with the root checker app.