The Samsung Galaxy Alpha is a powerful device in its own right but it’s ten times as powerful with root access to the root file system. Once you root the Galaxy Alpha you can install any app you please, including the ones that boost your device’s performance.
One of the most popular rooted apps for Samsung devices is the Triangle Away application which removes the yellow triangle you sometimes see during the boot process. The yellow triangle is visible if you have flashed a custom firmware on your Samsung device. It’s not a great look to have if you have people looking at your device in public. Thanks to Chainfire and his app, you can remove it with the Triangle Away app.
Files You Need
- Download the CF-Root tool from this page.
- Download the Odin flashing tool from this page. Down load the latest Odin and if that doesn’t work, try one of the other versions.
- Download the Samsung USB Drivers for mobile phones from this page.
- These steps to root the Samsung Galaxy Alpha smartphone are done based on Android 4.4.4 KitKat. To maximize your success rate and to avoid any potential bricking, you should flash the stock Android 4.4.4 KitKat ROM on your device and then root it using this guide.
- You must unlock the bootloader on the Samsung Galaxy Alpha before using this guide.
Rooting the Samsung Galaxy Alpha SM-G850W
- Download the CF-Root tool from the link above directly to your Windows computer.
- Since it’s Windows, by default that ends up in the Downloads folder unless you have changed the default download location.
- Open the Downloads folder and click and drag the CF-Root file over to the desktop.
- Follow the same steps and have the Odin flashing tool also on the desktop.
- Right-click over the files one at a time and select the “extract here” option from the menu.
- Double-click the Odin executable file you have after extracting that zip file.
- Wait for the Odin user-interface to open on your computer. Keep trying until you see the Odin tool open and ready.
- Turn off the Samsung Galaxy Alpha smartphone by long-pressing the Power button.
- Reboot the Samsung Galaxy Alpha to download mode by holding the Volume Down + Home + Power buttons together at the same time.
- Connect the Galaxy Alpha to the computer using the USB cable.
- You should see the added message from the Odin user-interface and your ID: COM port should light up with a color.
- Click the AP or the PDA button from Odin’s user-interface and browse the desktop for the CF-Root executable file.
- Click the Start button and Odin will flash that rooting exploit on your device.
- Wait until you can see the pass message available from the message box in Odin.
- Now your Galaxy Alpha device will reboot.
- Take control of your Google account again and start installing the apps you have been waiting for like the ROM Toolbox.
You might prefer starting with the root checker app from the Google Play Store to get things under way.