There are a few Micromax mobiles that are some of my least favourite to deal with when rooting. There always seems to be a difficult process involved along with complaining people whom are struggling to find their way through it. Thankfully, the A89 Ninja doesn’t seem to be one of those devices so far, and as you can see, the procedure is fairly straight forward which is a good thing.
This device does actually come with some pretty impressive pre-loaded apps already installed. But as you well know, it won’t be anything compared to when you open it up to all of its glory.
The Files You Need
- Download the Root_script_by_Bin4ry_v17.zip.
- Make sure you have the Micromax A89 Ninja USB drivers. It is possible you have this already if you use the device regularly, in which case you can skip this step. This is necessary to connect the device to the computer, to upgrade the official firmware.
- You will also need to have USB debugging mode enabled to complete this guide. You can follow the link that I provided and find out how to do that if you don’t know already
As with all tutorials please back up your device before you begin and go ahead at your own risk. Tech Chomps will not take responsibilities for any loss of data or damage which may occur to your device during the tutorial.
Rooting the Micromax A89 Ninja
- Download the Root script zip file and extract the file to your desktop. If you don’t have WinZip because your free trail ran out or whatever, you can download 7Zip for free. 7Zip is an open source zip tool that works great.
- Connect the Micromax A89 Ninja to the Windows PC with the supplied USB cable. Once the PC picks up the device choose the media device mode and not the USB mode.
- Open the file you downloaded in step 1 and find the Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v18 file. From here run the run.me bat file.
- Now a command line screen will pop up on your screen. The first line should say device type with 1) equaling normal mode. press 1 followed by enter to run in normal mode.
- Now the root tool will give you a few instructions to follow. Follow them and when you are done you should have gained root access to the Micromax A89 Ninja.
- Once complete the device s should re-boot itself and leave you with a rooted device.
- If you save time by testing the rooting method worked by installing the root checker app from the Google Play Store.