If you are wanting to root a device that runs Android Lollipop or Android KitKat, we suggest installing the SD Fix application. The SD Fix app obviously requires your device to have an SD card. Luckily for your Micromax A177 — along with most other devices in the world — you are in luck.
The SD Fix will solve your terrible SD card lock-down problem. The application will take away the restrictions in place so you can use all apps like File browsers. The SD Fix application usually saves many people from having to install a custom ROM or new mod that comes with the solution.
Files You Need
- Download the latest version of the Framaroot application for your A177 device from here.
- You can only follow this guide using the Micromax A177 Canvas Juice and no other. You can check your A177 device’s model number by pointing to the Menu > Settings > About Device > Model Number. No Google search that model number and check it matches up with your Canvas Juice.
Rooting the Micromax A177 Canvas Juice
- Enable the Unknown Sources option for your Canvas Juice by pointing to the Menu > Settings > Security > Device Administration > Unknown Sources. Now you can install applications from outside the Google Play Store on your Canvas Juice.
- Download the Framaroot application directly to your web browser and install the same.
- Open the Framaroot application by tapping on the Framaroot icon that is now available from your list of apps.
- Tap on the Boromir option from the applications pain page, underneath where it says ‘Install SuperSU’.
- That Boromir exploit will now automatically root your Canvas Juice; wait until you can see the success message on the display of your smartphone before concluding.
- Close the Framroot application and reboot your Canvas Juice the same way you would normally reboot the device.
- Open the Google Play Store and install the root checker application if it is not on your device already.
- Open the root checker application, agree with any updates and granting SuperUser access, and then check that your device is rooted by the method above before you start installing your root apps.
In conclusion, that’s all you need to do to root the Micromax A177 Canvas Juice smartphone using an easy one click rooting application, namely Framaroot.