Do you own more than one device running Android? If you do own the LG L70 as well as another device, you might be interested in installing the DataSync application. The DataSync app lets users sync all data between devices so you do not have to spend hours searching for ways you can transfer your data across the devices any longer.
The DataSync app works either over WiFi, DropBox or FTP. The FTP service is something we website owners are familiar with for getting our website files working on our servers. You can learn a similar service with your Android device.
Files You Need
- Visit the official webpage from here: http://towelroot.com.
- You are agreeing to void the LG warranty when you root the LG L7-0 device. You can flash the right stock ROM back on the L70 device and get the warranty working again. That’s how you must unroot the device if you ever want to return it back the way it was before following this guide.
Rooting the LG Optimus L70
- Turn on the Known Sources option for the L70 by pointing to the Menu > Settings > Security > Unknown Sources.
- Open the Google Chrome web browser and point to the Towelroot.com webpage you can see in the files section above.
- Once you have the Towelroot webpage loaded, scroll down until you can see the red Lambda symbol and tap your finger on the Lambda.
- Save the tr.apk file to your L70 device.
- Swipe from the top of your L70 display and pull down the notification shade.
- Tap the “download complete” notification.
- Tap over the button that says ‘Install‘.
- Swipe down from the top of the LG L70 display one more time and tap on the “Installation Complete” to open the Towelroot app.
- Tap on the Make it Ra1n button.
- Wait until the app pings you back and tells you that you have successfully rooted the LG L70 smartphone and you do not need to reboot the device.
- Open the Google Play Store app from your app drawer and browse for the SuperSU app. Install the SuperSU app by ClockworkMod or by Chainfire.
- Follow thew prompts to install the SuperSU application on your device and accept any SU binary updates if it asks.
- Once done, you will be able to leave the Play Store app and see the SuperSU app on your device. Keep that app always there while you have root access with the Towelroot app because it is keeping the malware out of your system. Only grant root permissions to apps you know are real and legitimate apps. Block access to anything that looks suspicious or that you do not know what it is.
- Open the Google Play Store application one last time and install the root checker app. Once you have the root checker, open the app and check that your LG Optimus L70 smartphones does have the root access granted.
Now you can start installing your root-requiring apps from the Google Play Store like the DataSync app.