Rooting your Huawei Honor Holly should provide you with the ability to install root-requiring apps as well as flashing a custom recovery. Unless you belong to that rare group of users who only use their phones for calls, you should root your device to get the maximum out of it.
Here’s how you can root your Honor Holly:
Files You Need
1. You must be running a Windows based computer to do this tutorial.
2. Download Root Package to your computer. It’s the package that contains everything you need to root your Honor Holly.
Rooting the Huawei Honor Holly
1. Once you have downloaded all the files you need to root your device, install them in the following order:
ADB Installer 1.4.2
2. Head to Menu->Settings->Developer options on your device and turn on USB debugging.
3. Plug in your device to your computer using a USB cable.
4. Double-click on iRoot executable to launch it on your computer.
5. Wait for the tool to do its thing.
6. When the tool’s done doing its thing, you should see a button saying Root. Click on it to begin rooting your device.
7. Wait for the tool to root your device.
8. When it’s done rooting, your phone will reboot.
9. Head over to Google Play and download and install SuperSU on your device.
10. You’re now rooted!
Your Huawei Honor Holly is now rooted and you can have it confirmed using Root Checker on your device.
Now that you are rooted, you can flash a custom recovery on your device to enjoy custom ROMs available out there for your device.