If you know what you are doing with the Android operating system, you can have much more fun with access to the root file system — we call this root access. With root on the Huawei Ascend Y210, there are no app limitations anymore. Meaning you can download any app that you see from the Google Play Store. Some of the applications you might want to try for your rooted Android include Xposed Framwork, Rec, Titanium Backup, BetterBatteryStats, Root Explorer and the ROM Toolbox Pro. The Titanium backup is the best backup experience you will have in comparison to apps without root access. However, should you decide to install a custom recovery, you can also take a NANDroid backup when in recovery mode. The NANDroid backup is better yet again. Although, you can only use the NANDroid with a custom recovery. Rooted users have the Titanium Backup app as the best alternative available.
The Files You Need
- Download the root tool to the desktop of the computer. Get it here.
- Download the Boot Image to the desktop of the computer. Get it here.
- Download the Huawei firmware file from here.
- Make sure you have USB Debugging Mode on the device by heading to the Settings > Apps > Development > USB Debugging Mode.
How to root the Huawei Ascend Y210
- Right-click over each of the files and select the ‘extract here’ option.
- Connect the Huawei smartphone to the computer with the USB cable.
- Copy the Dload folder from the extracted firmware file over to the devices internal SD card.
- Unplug the Huawei smartphone from the computer.
- Completely power it down by holding the Power key.
- Reboot it holding the Volume Down + Volume Up + Power buttons at the same time to get your device in download mode and flash that firmware file.
- Wait as the firmware is flashed on your device just by pressing the above buttons.
- Reboot the Y210 smartphone again.
- Connect it to the computer with the USB cable.
- Run the Boot Image Installer that should be on your desktop.
- Wait until the device reboots by itself/if it never does then reboot it manually.
- Now run the Root Tool that is also connected to the computer.
- Press the Root button and it will now root the device.
- You can double check that it did work by installing the root checker app from the Google Play Store.