These are the instructions to install XenonHD Android 5.1.1 custom ROM on the LG G3 with model number D852. The LG G3 with model number D852 is the Canadian variant. If you have already installed a custom recovery on the LG G3 from Canada and would like to install one of the best custom ROMs available that updates the software, you should try this XenonHD custom ROM. The XenonHD ROM gives your device the latest Android 5.1.1 Lollipop.You cannot ask for much more than that since the Android 6.0 Marshmallow is not yet officially released.
The Files You Need
- Read the official XDA Developers thread on the release of the XenonHD ROM here.
- Download the XenonHD ROM from here.
- Download the Google GApps package for Android 5.1 Lollipop from here.
- Make sure you take a NANDroid backup before installing the custom ROM. You want to take the NANDroid before the guide directs you to wipe the data.
Installing the Xenon Android 5.1.1 Custom ROM on the LG G3 D852
- Download the custom ROM package and the Gapps package to the desktop of the computer.
- Do not unzip the files.
- Connect the LG G3 to the same computer where you have the files.
- Transfer the two files to the LG G3 internal storage SD card.
- You should already have a custom recovery installed or else you cannot install a custom ROM.
- Boot the G3 to the custom recovery you are running. Download the Quick Boot app if you do not know how to boot to the custom recovery mode.
- Start with the device off before using the key combination to boot the smartphone in the recovery mode.
- Once you are in the recovery mode, Take the NANDroid backup option from the menu
- Now you must wipe the data. Navigate to the ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ or just ‘wipe’ option in your recovery. The exact wording will vary depending on the custom recovery.
- Tap the ‘install’ option.
- Browse the SD card for the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom ROM.
- Confirm to install the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom ROM.
- Go back to the ‘install’ option.
- Browse the SD card for the Google Gapps package.
- Confirm to install the Gapps file.
- Now you should have the custom ROM and stock Google apps running on your device.
- Go back to the main recovery menu and choose the ‘reboot system’ option. Again, the wording can vary depending on the custom recovery.