If you are going to go to the trouble of installing a custom recovery on the Samsung Galaxy S7 smartphone, you would want that custom recovery to be the open source work from Team Win. We call that work TWRP Recovery, and it’s the most popular custom recovery to install for any device in the world today for a reason. That reason is a pretty simple one: it’s the best custom recovery image. It’s also an incredibly reliable custom recovery image to run.
TWRP Recovery comes with all the features one could ask for in a new recovery image. From uploading your zip files, to taking your complete backups and everything in between, TWRP has it all.
Here is everything you need to install TWRP Recovery on the Samsung Galaxy S7 Duos SM-G930FD smartphone:
Files You Need
- Download the TWRP Recovery for your S7 Duos smartphone from here.
- Download one of the latest Odin flashing applications from here.
- Download the Samsung USB Drivers for your Samsung smartphone to work on the computer.
Installing the TWRP Recovery on the Samsung Galaxy S7 Duos SM-G930FD
- Log in to your Windows operating system using an administrators account otherwise, the Odin flashing tool will not work.
- Download the USB Drivers from the link above and double-click the file from the downloads folder. Complete the on-screen instructions to complete the driver installation.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode on the Samsung Galaxy S7 smartphone.
- Extract the TWRP Recovery and the Odin flashing application to the desktop of the computer.
- Double-click the Odin executable file and wait until it opens.
- Deselect the Auto Reboot box so it will not reboot automatically after the flashing completes.
- Click the AP button or the PDA button and upload the TWRP file that is on the desktop.
- Select the Start button when you want the flashing to start.
- Wait until the Odin application on the computer shows you the green box with the pass message inside.
- Manually reboot the Samsung Galaxy S7 smartphone and press the hardware button combination for recovery mode during the first time boot, so it boots directly into the recovery mode and not the normal mode.
In conclusion, that’s how to install TWRP Recovery on the Samsung Galaxy S7 smartphone with the SM-G930FD model number. The recovery should always be on your device now that you have booted it up during the first time boot. Sometimes the stock recovery has a habit of wiping over your work if you boot into normal mode without accessing the recovery mode after the flashing. For all those times, you’ll just need to follow the guide again.
Take Into Account:
Team Win often release several TWRP Recovery files for a particular device. They always recommend installing the latest version of TWRP available to avoid compatibility issues. If you have updated the firmware on the device recently and the most recent version of TWRP is not working, then try downgrading the firmware and trying again.
Some custom ROMs that are newer might not be compatible with older versions of TWRP Recovery. You can fix that issue by updating to the latest version of TWRP also.
You can visit the official Team Win Recovery Project home page and scroll down the list to find your device to get the most recent version if the version available in this guide is not working for your device.