Installing ClockworkMod Recovery on your Samsung Mesmerize will mean you can start taking complete backups using the NANDroid backup feature that comes with all major custom recoveries. A custom recovery like CWM Recovery is also essential for your custom ROMs.
You can sometimes have a choice of what custom recovery image to choose. Regardless of the options out there available for your phone, ClockworkMod recovery is always a viable option.
This is what you need to get Clockworkmod recovery installed on the Samsung Mesmerize smartphone so you’ll have replaced the stock recovery image with a custom one.
Files You Need
- Download the ClockworkMod Recovery file for your Mesmerize from this link.
- Download the Odin 3.09 flash tool for the Windows computer from this link.
- Download the universal ADB Driver for your computer running Windows operating systems.
- Installing a custom recovery on the Mesmerize device will void the Samsung warranty. You can always flash the stock ROM back on the Samsung device at any time and it will make the warranty work again.
Installing CWM Recovery on the Samsung Mesmerize
- Install the ADB Driver on the computer before doing anything else for your Mesmerize device so it can talk to the computer and its programs.
- Download the Odin flashing tool and the ClockworkMod recovery files to the computer and drag them to the desktop.
- Right-click over the Odin and CWM files and choose the “extract here” option.
- Double-click the Odin executable file and run the flashing tool so it’s open on the desktop but do not touch anything from the user-interface.
- Turn off the Samsung Mesmerize by long-pressing the Power button.
- Reboot the Mesmerize in download mode by pressing the Volume Down + Home + Power buttons together.
- Connect the Samsung Mesmerize to the computer where you have the files and Odin waiting by using the USB cable.
- Wait until you see the ID: COM port turn green so you know the ADB Driver is working.
- Click the AP button or the PDA button you can see from the Odin user-interface.
- Browse the desktop for the ClockworkMod recovery tar file that you extracted earlier.
- Do not make any changes to the default settings from the Odin user-interface.
- Click the Start button and the Odin flashing tool will flash the new recovery on your Samsung Mesmerize.
- Wait until you see the Samsung Mesmerize reboot automatically before you disconnect it from the computer. Also, you should see the pass message from the Odin user-interface.
You all should now have a custom recovery installed on the Samsung Mesmerize smartphone which allows you to take NANDroid backups, install custom ROMs, install custom kernels and still recover the device like usual.
Anyone wanting to complete the customizing experience can learn how to root the Samsung Mesmerize smartphone so you can start installing those root-requiring applications from the Google Play Store.