Finally, all the variants of the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 are getting a custom recovery and it’s time that we do a post for you so that you know how you can install and use a custom recovery on your Galaxy Note 4.
Here’re the steps you need to follow to get a custom recovery up and running on your device:
Files You Need
1. Your device must be rooted before you can install a custom recovery on it. Please look for a root method for your device on our site, do it, and then come back here and continue.
2. This should install the CWM custom recovery on your device. If you wish to install TWRP Recovery, you can do so by following the steps given in the Install TWRP on the Galaxy Note 4 post.
3. You should have Samsung USB Drivers installed on your computer. If you don’t, download and install these drivers from here.
4. You are going to need a Windows based PC to do this tutorial as Odin is only available for Windows PCs.
5. Download the CWM Recovery Image for your specific variant of the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 to your computer.
6. Download Odin to your computer. It’ll be used to flash the recovery on the phone.
Installing CWM Recovery on the Samsung Galaxy Note 4
1. Extract files from Odin to your computer by right-clicking on it and selecting Extract here.
2. Double-click on Odin executable to open it.
3. When Odin launches, hit the button that says PDA and choose the CWM Recovery Image available on your computer. This is the file that will be installed on your phone.
4. Make sure Repartition is unchecked in the Odin.
5. You can checkmark Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options, though.
6. Power down your device.
7. Turn your device back on by holding down Volume DOWN+Home+Power buttons at the same time.
8. You’ll be prompted to hit Volume UP if you want to enter download mode. Hit that key and you will be in.
9. Plug in your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
10. Click on Start in the Odin and wait for it to install the recovery on your phone.
11. When it has done installing the recovery, your phone will automatically reboot.
12. You’re done.
You have successfully installed the CWM custom recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and you can reboot into the same using Quick Boot app on your device.