For most phones, rooting is the first step to be taken before you can install a custom recovery. But in the case of Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo, you must first install a custom recovery and then you can gain root on the device.
The said device is in luck as it has been blessed with the widely popular CWM Recovery that helps its users do a lot of tasks in the recovery mode. You can take a full backup of your device and restore it, flash custom ROMs, wipe cache, and so on using the CWM custom recovery. Here’s how you can install it on your device:
Files You Need
1. Ensure that you have installed the Samsung USB drivers on your computer. If you haven’t done so yet, download and install the latest drivers from this link.
2. Download ClockworkMod Recovery for your device to your computer. It’ll be flashed on your device in the following procedure.
3. Download Odin to your computer. You’ll use it to flash the recovery on your device.
4. This tutorial is only for GT-I9060 device.
Installing a Custom Recovery on the Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo
1. Right-click on the Odin archive and select Extract here. It’ll extract the actual usable files off the archive.
2. Launch Odin on your computer by double-clicking on its executable file.
3. When it launches, click on PDA and choose ClockworkMod Recovery that you downloaded earlier to your computer.
4. Repartition must not be checked in the Odin. If you see it checked by default, uncheck it.
5. The options that say Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time can be checked as they’re harmless for your device.
6. Turn off your phone.
7. Turn your phone back on by holding down Volume DOWN+Home+Power buttons at the same time.
8. Press Volume UP to confirm your action.
9. You should now be in download mode.
10. Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
11. Odin should recognize your device and tell you Added.
12. Click on Start in the Odin and let it flash the custom recovery on your device.
13. When the recovery is flashed, your phone will automatically reboot.
14. You’re done!
The ClockworkMod Recovery was successfully installed on your Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo and you can start using it right away for operations like backup/restore, flash ROMs, etc. Have fun!
Most importantly, you must boot the device into the same custom recovery before you can use it. Do that now by learning how to enter custom recovery mode on the Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo smartphone.
In order to install root-requiring apps, your device must be rooted. You can follow our guide on how to root the Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo to learn how you can gain root-access on your device and enjoy many of the root-requiring apps on it.