If you have rooted your Oppo Find 5 Mini (R827) but have not installed a custom recovery on it, now is the perfect time to do so as the world popular CWM recovery is now available for your beloved Oppo phone.
The recovery installation method uses the Mobileuncle MTK Tools app to flash the recovery on the phone, and believe me, it is as easy as using WhatsApp on your phone.
Files You Need
- You must be rooted before you can do this tutorial. If you are not, please head to our how to root the Oppo Find 5 Mini (R827) tutorial and root your phone first. Then, come back here and continue.
- This should flash a custom recovery called ClockworkMod (CWM) on your phone.
- Download CWM Recovery Image to your computer. It will be flashed on your phone.
- Make sure you only do this tutorial on a Oppo Find 5 Mini (R827) or you will brick your phone.
Installing a Custom Recovery on the Oppo Find 5 Mini (R827)
- Plug in your phone to your computer using a suitable USB cable. Make sure your phone is in data transfer mode so that it can receive files from your computer.
- Copy CWM Recovery Image from your computer over to the internal SD card storage on your phone. Place the file on the top so it is easily accessible.
- When CWM Recovery Image is copied, unplug your phone from your computer.
- Head over to the Google Play store and download and install Mobileuncle MTK Tools on your phone.
- Launch the app after it is installed on your phone.
- When the app launches, tap the option that says Recovery update.
- It should now let you select a recovery file to update your phone with. Choose the CWM Recovery Image that you copied to your phone to be updated with.
- Wait for the app to finish installing the recovery on your phone.
- When the app’s done installing recovery, reboot your phone.
- You are all set!
ClockworkMod Recovery has been successfully flashed on your phone’s recovery partition and you can use the Quick Boot app to reboot into the same.
Now that you have both root access and a custom recovery, you can go ahead and load up your phone with your favourite root-requiring apps, custom ROMs, custom kernels, and so on. Please make sure that you first fully backup your phone and only then flash these files, so that you have something to fall back on when things go south.
When you reboot into the recovery mode, you will find various options there which include install, backup and restore, wipe, factory reset, and so on. Most of these features are self-explanatory (they say what they do) and the one that you are going to be using the most is the install option as that is what allows you to flash custom files on your phone, such as a custom ROM or a custom kernel. That is what allows custom developments to creep in your phone.
So that you now have freedom to do literally everything on your phone, go ahead and enjoy the custom Android world!
You might also be interested in:
- How To Root The Oppo Find 5 Mini (R827)
- How To Root The T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Running Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- How To Install A Custom Recovery On The LG G2 (AT&T)
- How To Root The Elephone P7000
- How To Install A Custom Recovery On The Elephone P8000
Have something to say? You can contribute to this tech article by leaving a comment below.