A custom recovery on the LG Prada 3.0 is best for installing custom ROMs or if you want a more powerful backup feature. The backing up is a huge deal and often people decide to install a custom recovery just for the NANDroid backup feature. That means they install a custom recovery and keep the stock ROM just so they can back up all partitions in a single click. Other people install a custom recovery so they can install zip files from the SD card. It’s those zip files that usually install the custom ROMs on people’s devices.
ClockworkMod (CWM) and TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project) are the two most popular custom recoveries you can install on your device. A third worth a mention is the newer Philz touch recovery much is like a combination of the two. ClockworkMod recovery can create and restore NANDroid backups — these are backups of the entire Android file system and partitions. CWM recovery also lets you easily install custom ROMs thanks to the ROM manager app. The ROM manager with the file manager lets you install custom ROMs in just a few clicks.
The Files You Need
- Download the Recovery Installer APK from this page.
- You may only follow this guide if you have the LG Prada rooted already. Moreover, note that this guide does void the warranty.
- You must have an unlocked bootloader before you can install a custom recovery on the LG Prada.
Installing a Custom Recovery on the LG Prada 3.0
- Start by enabling the Unknown Sources on your device so you can install apps and APK files outside of the Google Play Store. Do that by heading to the menu > Settings > Security > Unknown Sources on the smartphone.
- Download the Recovery Installer APK file to the desktop of your computer.
- Connect the smartphone to the computer and transfer the APK over to the root of the SD card.
- Open a File manager on your Android device. Alternatively, you can learn how to install APK files on Android devices.
- Launch the Recovery Installer from the app drawer – – where you would normally find your new apps on the device.
- You will find a ‘Install Recovery” option in the app you can tap now.
- The custom recovery will be installed on your device in a few moments.
- Now that you have learned how to install a custom recovery on the LG Prada smartphone, you might want to check out how to boot your device in the custom recovery mode so you can use it for flashing new ROMs.