Smartphone operating systems might not always be as easy to navigate as desktop OSs—finding files nested on the Android operating system can sometimes be a complex task in comparison to using File Explorer on the Windows operating system—but one thing that does work in their favor is problem-solving.
Rarely do you ever have to spend time trying to figure out the solution to a problem with the Motorola Moto G5 Plus smartphone because most things can be fixed by simply taking a hard reset instead, a bit like utilizing a get out of jail free card.
Despite many people saying otherwise, a hard reset and a factory reset on the Motorola Moto G5 Plus device will yield the same outcomes: the phone will be restored to its default, factory state on both occasions. In other words, the same state that it was in when it left the factory responsible for manufacturing it. This means you shouldn’t expect to find any applications that you installed yourself still on the device. Any settings that you changed will be returned to how they were when you first opened the Motorola Moto G5 Plus out of the box too. And, of course, unless you took a backup, all the data that you accumulated—pictures, documents, music, so forth—will no longer be available once the hard reset is complete.
There are numerous similarities between computers and smartphones: they are made up of many of the same components, and all have the same heart, veins, and brain, so to speak. When it comes to resetting the software though, there are some differences. A modern-day computer operating system will offer three ways to reset: rebooting the OS, force-closing all open applications and forcing a reboot, and then a third way, which will return the device to its factory state, if desired. The mobile operating system offers the factory reset option, and the only alternative being the soft reset, which is the same as a straightforward reboot of the operating system.
You shouldn’t worry about a hard reset causing any harm to your Motorola Moto G5 Plus smartphone; provided that you’ve backed up any data that you didn’t want to lose, very little else can go wrong.
This guide is also suitable for anyone who wants to learn:
- How to factory reset Motorola Moto G5 Plus smartphones.
- How to wipe all data on Motorola Moto G5 Plus smartphones.
- How to bypass screen lock on Motorola Moto G5 Plus smartphones.
- How to restore defaults on Motorola Moto G5 Plus smartphones.
- How to master reset Motorola Moto G5 Plus smartphones.
This is what you need to do to apply a hard reset by using the hardware keys and the settings that already come with your device.
How to Hard Reset Motorola Moto G5 Plus Smartphones
1. Firstly, make sure that you have the Motorola Moto G5 Plus turned off by holding in the Power button until the screen goes black.
2. Reboot the Motorola Moto G5 Plus smartphone by holding in the Volume Down button for about three seconds.
3. With the Volume Down button still pressed in, press the Power button for about a second or two.
4. Release both the Volume Down and Power button simultaneously.
5. From the bootloader menu, select the “Recovery” option.
6. Wait until you can see the Android logo and then hold down the Power button.
7. With the Power button still held in, press the Volume Up button.
8. Select the “wipe data/factory reset” option from the menu and confirm you want to wipe it by pressing the Power button.
9. Confirm it once again by selecting the “Yes–delete all user data” option and pressing the Power button once again.
10. Once the data wiping is complete, select the “reboot system now” option from the menu.
That’s all you need to do to hard reset the Motorola Moto G5 Plus smartphone.
Applying a hard reset is probably one of the more commonly exchanged phrases for when people are referring to implementing a factory reset, but the same guide above is also good for a few other causes. The same steps would also work if you just wanted to wipe all of the data on your Motorola Moto G5 Plus smartphone, for instance. Likewise, you could also use the same steps for bypassing the screen lock or just to restore the defaults on the Motorola Moto G5 Plus device.
- Download Motorola Stock ROM for All Models
- Download Motorola Moto G5 Plus XT1681 Stock ROM for Your Device
- Download Motorola Moto G5 Plus XT1683 Stock ROM for Your Device
- How to Install TWRP Recovery on Motorola Moto G5 Plus
- Download Motorola Moto G5s Plus XT1802 Stock ROM for Your Device
- Download Motorola Moto G5 XT1672 Stock ROM for Your Device