Sometimes people wish to hard reset a Huawei smartphone before they sell it and hand it over to another person. Other times they want to hard reset for troubleshooting reasons when new firmware updates aren’t yet available. A hard reset is a common technique for restoring functionality but it comes at the cost of losing data. You can of course backup the data so it can be restored if you are someone looking to troubleshoot.
This tutorial demonstrates how to hard reset the Huawei Honor Play 5X KIW-AL10 smartphone.
How to Hard Reset Huawei Honor Play 5X KIW-AL10
You can hard reset the Huawei Honor Play 5X KIW-AL10 smartphone using the hardware buttons. Here is how to do that:
Hard resetting the Huawei Honor Play 5X smartphone will wipe the data. If you do not backup the data before you begin, you will not be able to restore it.
1. With the Huawei Honor Play 5X turned off, press and hold the Power + Volume Up buttons simulatenously.
2. Wait for several seconds until you see the Huawei logo appear and let go.
3. Using the Volume buttons, select Wipe data/factory reset.
4. Once the reset is complete, you will be directed back to the same Recovery menu where you can select Reboot system now.
5. The Huawei Honor Play 5X will reboot out of Recovery and the standard Android operating system will load once again. The data will be wiped and you will need to restore it again if you want it back on the smartphone.
In conclusion, that is how to hard reset the Huawei Honor Play 5X KIW-AL10 smartphone.